The name Zadie is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "princess". Zadie and is often added to lists like Classic Baby Names with a Twist and discussed in our forums with posts like "If I had 8 daughters whose names started with...".
From the experts:
When aspiring British writer Sadie Smith decided to change her name to the more distinctive and zippy Zadie at the age of fourteen, this attention-magnet name was born. But though it might sound like a modern initial-switch, Zadie was actually Number 539 in 1881, remaining in the Top 1000 for almost thirty years.
Lists containing Zadie:
- Creative Baby Names
- Literary Baby Names Inspired by Authors
- If You Like Daisy, You Might Love...
- Cool Baby Names That Start With Z
- Classic Baby Names with a Twist
- Names with Royal Meanings
- Cute Baby Names
- Cute Baby Names for Girls
- Baby Names Everyone Thinks Are Cool
- Attitude Nicknames for Girls
- Hebrew Baby Names