The name Tess is a girl's name of English origin meaning "to harvest". Tess and is often added to lists like Unique Vintage Baby Names for Girls and discussed in our forums with posts like "Initials - Twins".
From the experts:
With its solid Thomas Hardy background, Tess has a lot more substance, strength, and style than most single-syllable names, with an efficient yet relaxed image.
The iconic literary Tess is the beautiful heroine of Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles, the moral center of the novel. Other Tesses have been portrayed on screen by Katharine Hepburn, Julia Roberts, Shirley Maclaine, Melanie Griffiths, Kate Hudson, Jamie Lee Curtis, Cher, Della Reese and Malin Akerman. Novelist and fashion journalist Plum Sykes named her daughter Tess.
Writer Tess Gerritsen was born Terry, but decided to feminize her name when she began writing romance novels.
If you'd like to expand the name, you can consider Tessa--or even Tessie
Lists containing Tess:
- Nicknames for Elizabeth
- Short & Strong Girl Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Girls
- Nicknames for Girls
- Vintage Nicknames for Girls
- Vintage Baby Names for Girls
- Dutch Baby Names for Girls
- Disney Channel Baby Names
- One-Syllable Middle Names for Girls
- Cool Vintage Baby Names
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- Baby Girl Names to Love Right Now
- Unique Vintage Baby Names for Girls
- English Names with International Style
- Hipster British Baby Names for Girls